Monday, August 22, 2011

"A picture is worth 1000 words."

Well, I agree that pictures speak volumes, but I, unfortunately, am a terrible photographer.  And I don't mean that I take lousy pictures, though that is also true.  I mean that I rarely think to take out my camera and capture a moment "on film."  (Do we say that anymore?)  I like to think of myself as more of a "experience the moment" or "capture it in my heart" sorta girl.  Sometimes I feel guilty that I'm not leaving Caleb and Adina a photographic legacy of their childhoods, but thats really only when I'm at some sporting event or dramatic production and another mom says, "aren't you going to take pictures?!"  As if.     

Anyway, here's what I've got vis a vis the Becker-Schwartz family's journey from Columbus, Ohio to Denver, Colorado in August, 2011.
the moving van in front of our house in Columbus

our "nuclear football" - all the important papers for our life lived in this box and slept by our sides during the Columbus to Denver road trip.

Our first driving break was in St. Loius, where Larry went to college a long, long time ago.  Here he is in his fraternity house, showing the kids his picture on the wall.  Fairly certain it was meant to be that I didn't know him then.  

Adina gives in.  

Back to watching "Olivia"

Sunset over the Rocky Mountains as we drive into Denver.  I told you I don't know how to take a decent picture.  Just trust me please that there are beautiful mountains back there and that the view was awe-inspiring.  Really.

Sunday, August 20, 2011 - Becker-Schwartz family's first hike in Rocky Mt National Park.  We bought an annual pass!  

Just like our third date (We went hiking in Maryland; Larry made me hot chocolate; I swooned.)

Caleb: "Its like a rock jungle gym!"

Everything I always wanted.  Also thinking about how much my dad would love it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment